Somorr | Privacy Policies
Somorr helps businesses connect with each other by providing web applications, browser extensions, and other online services.
We are committed to respecting everyone’s privacy and design our services with this goal in mind in accordance with European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and applicable data protection laws.
In order to satisfy our customers’ expectations and to ensure the respect of data subjects’ rights, we regularly improve internal processes.
Where does Somorr collect data?
This Privacy applies to all services offered by Somorr including:
- The Email Verifier
- Disposable email detector
What information does Somorr collect?
When you are on our website
When you’re using our website, we track your usage which includes statistics such as which pages you visit and how long you look at them. This information may include but is not limited to IP address, geolocation information, browser type and information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view.
If you create an account, we ask information such including but not limited to: your email, your name or what company you work for. All this information is used to personalize your experience or send you onboarding emails and invoices. In cases of high-risk of fraud, we might ask for a phone number for verification purposes (we never use it for marketing purposes). If you become a paying customer, we will collect your payment card information.
When you use our service
Whether it is through the website; we monitor your usage, and log requests that you make. Those logs can include IP address, geolocation information, browser type, etc. We destroy those logs at the latest after 4 months.
When using our services, you might send us some data or data files (for the Email Verifier for example).
When you contact our support
If you reach out via email or chat, we keep conversations and other data you might send during those exchanges. When you delete your account, those conversations are removed after a period of up to 6 months.
How do we use your data?
To provide our services
When creating an account, you agree to our Terms of Service which allows us to process your data to give you access to Somorr. This way, you can have an account on our website, invite other team members, etc.
To improve the User Experience
We’re looking at usage patterns and various statistics to understand what to improve on Somorr. This includes, for example, doing A/B testing on new features.
We’re also using the data that goes through our services to improve the services themselves. We only use this information to validate data we already have or that is being supplied by a user, not to enrich our databases.
To offer customer support
We provide customer support via email or chat, to help you take full advantage of our service or fix any problem you encounter.
To fight fraud
There are always bad actors on the web: We actively fight credit card fraud and misuse of our services.
To market new services
Regularly, we launch new services. We’ll let users know about those releases if they have asked us to keep them up to date.
Your Rights, Controls and Choices
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- To access your personal data, and some related information as described in the section below “know if we have information concerning you and what that information is”;
- To require any inaccurate personal data to be rectified, completed including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- To require us to delete the personal data in certain circumstances;
- To require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further);
- To obtain from us your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. Further, you may have the right to require us to transmit your personal data directly to another person where it is technically feasible to do so; and
- To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances;
- Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent to such processing, to withdraw your consent at any time.
Update, correct and delete your information
If you’re a direct user of our service, you can log in to your account and update your information directly there.
If your business data was found online, you can use our Claim feature to update or delete it.
Know if we have information concerning you and what that information is
In particular, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- If you’re in our database
- Exactly what data we hold
- The purposes of the processing
- How long the data will be kept Where exactly on the web that information has been found All other information as mentioned in article 15 of the GDPR
To get started, reach out at or visit our Claim page.
Disable the processing and permanently remove all of your data
If you’re a user of our service, you can log in to permanently destroy your account.
If you have any concerns, please reach out first so we can have a chance to help: . If you feel we’re not doing enough, you have the right to contact your local supervisory authority.
Services helping us manage your data
To provide our services, we rely on other companies that can partially manage your data. We carefully select our providers to ensure the privacy and security of your data. Our biggest providers are:
- Hosting and content delivery:
- OVH Cloud:
- Google Analytics
- For internal collaboration and emails:
- Google Chat
- Atlassian Bitbucket
Duration of the processing
For users of our service, we process your data as long as your account stays active and after 3 years of inactivity. Once your account is deleted or after 3 years of inactivity, we remove almost everything within a few days and all remaining artifacts within 3 months. If you’ve paid for Somorr, we might keep some information regarding your company for longer to comply with our legal obligations.
If your data was found online, we process it as long as it stays online. We make sure to regularly come back where we found it, if it isn’t there anymore or if we believe that your personal data that we hold is inaccurate, we remove it from our databases and stop all processing.
Securing your data
We take the security of the data we manage very seriously and always try to keep our methods up-to-date. We’ve written a detailed document describing our Security Policy.
The servers we use to store and process personal data are exclusively in Canada.
Additional notices for certain jurisdictions
If you would like to request that we refrain from selling your Covered Information (as defined under Nevada law), please contact us at .
Updates & contact
Date of last revision: June 22, 2022.
The company behind Somorr, Somorr, Inc., is incorporated in Canada. You can reach us via email: or snail-mail (only Canada Post): Somorr, Inc., 2810 N Church St #50754, Wilmington, Delaware, 19802-4447, USA.